There’s nothing quite enjoyable like homemade popsicles fresh from the freezer on a hot summer day. The best part about making your own popsicles? You get to control the ingredients list. Most store-bought ice creams contains high fructose corn syrup, emulsifiers and artificial flavours which aren't the best for your gut health. Why omit the indulgence of a creamy and refreshing popsicle when you can make it yourself, with only less than 10 ingredients!
These yummy popsicles are easy to make, and are easily customisable to your liking. The base is made of unsweetened coconut milk which adds a creamy texture with a subtle sweet & tropical flavour. Other plant milks can be used as substitute but it would not deliver the creaminess as compared to coconut milk.
We've added a good dollop of Smooth Peanut Butter into this recipe as well to enhance the creaminess of this popsicle. The Honestly Smooth Peanut Butter contains zero sugar & salt, and is naturally creamy with the healthy fats of quality peanuts. No added oil, no emulsifiers, just honestly Amazin'!
If you'd like a stronger chocolate flavour, we'd suggest the Chocolate Peanut Butter. And if PB is not your things try swapping it with smooth almond butter, ABC butter, or Chocolate Coconut Hazelnut Butter! There's really no limit. Having peanut or nut butters also increases your protein intake, so you can snack without guilt.
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:
45 g well-stirred Smooth Peanut Butter (chilled)
45 g maple syrup (chilled)
133 ml can full-fat coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste (optional)
¼ tsp fine sea salt
15g dutch-process cocoa powder
45ml plant milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
A swirl of Chocolate Peanut Butter
1. In the bowl of a blender, combine the nut butter, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, and salt. Blend to combine, starting on low and increasing to high. (30mins)
2. Pour roughly half of this mixture into a pouring container (1 ½ cups) and set aside. (10 mins)
3. For the remaining peanut butter mixture in the blender, add the cocoa powder, plant milk, and remaining maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into the moulds, filling them a little more than halfway. Gently pour the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate mixture.
5. Freeze until the tops of the popsicles are semi-firm, 10-20 minutes, then press the Low Sugar Wild Strawberry Granola/Brownie Chips chips into the tops. Add the popsicle sticks, and freeze until firm.
Tried our recipes? Tag us on Instagram for a chance to be featured!