Why is it so hard to lose weight?
Losing weight can be quite an ordeal. It can be complicated and discouraging at time when the results take tame. This same frustration and anxiety can stir up after you’ve lost the weight and plan to keep it off. The truth is there is no “one size fits all” solution to permanent healthy weight loss. Our bodies respond differently to different foods, depending on genetics and other health factors.
Another sweet truth is that not all fat is bad. There are healthy fats that can help you control your weight while fighting fatigue. This includes unsaturated fats found in avocados, nuts, seeds, soy milk, tofu, and fatty fish.
If cutting bad fats out is so easy, why is managing the weight still difficult? This is because most people make the mistake of swapping fat for the empty calories of sugar and refined carbohydrates to satisfy their cravings. The best thing you can do is make a healthy trade off for bad fats! Choose healthy snack options…
So, what healthy snacks are considered healthy trade-offs?
- The base of our Nut Mixes are Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, Peanuts, Cashews, Pumpkin Seeds which provide healthy fats (omega 3!), fiber and protein - which can help you control your weight and fight fatigue.
- Of course, the Peanut itself provides healthy fats, fiber, protein; but this Peanut Butter has NO REFINED SUGAR. Let the natural sugar in the Apple do its work, while the fiber normalizes bowel movements and helps control blood sugar levels.
- With 5g of Protein and NO TRANS FAT, this is the guilt-free snack you’ve been looking for to substitute potato chips. Trans fats raise your bad (LDL) cholesterol levels and lower your good (HDL) cholesterol levels, which means it increases your risks of developing heart disease and stroke. Most snacks contain trans fats because it is cheap and lasts a long time.
- Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are an amazingly versatile food; making it a pantry essential! They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, contain plenty of fibre and high quality protein, and are packed with essential minerals and antioxidants. They have important benefits for your body and brain; helping to keep you energised and sustained for longer.
- The base of Australian Oats provides fiber & beta glucan. Beta glucan can enhance heart health, as they can reduce levels of total and LDL (bad) cholesterol. Like other fiber supplements, they can also boost your fiber intake, improve blood sugar regulation, promote digestive health and regularity, and support weight management.