Whether you're an experienced baker or a newbie in the kitchen, you can't go wrong with some good old chocolate cupcakes with cinnamon frosting. Especially when they are incredibly easy to make, healthier than regular chocolate cupcakes, and are so pretty they would make any foodie smile. Intrigued? Read on for the recipe to make your very own Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting!
As the end of the year approaches, our thoughts turn to family time, festive jingles, bright decorations...and yes, glorious food! We all look forward to once-a-year festive treats that we can't wait to sink our teeth into. Unfortunately, along with these treats comes with the uncomfortable awareness that they typically contain "Naughty" ingredients - refined sugar, unhealthy fat, lots of salt, and so on.
Instead of letting that get us down, we decided to create a "Nice" version of the traditional "Naughty" chocolate cupcake. These cupcakes use olive oil (a healthy fat) instead of butter, molasses (an unrefined sweetener) in place of white sugar, and our very own creamy Cinnamon Roll Almond Butter as a convenient (and deliciously indulgent) frosting!
Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
Makes 12 cupcakes
½ cup olive oil
¾ cup molasses
2 pc eggs
1 cup wholemeal flour
½ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup milk
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp Himalayan rock salt
Frosting (serves: 1 cupcake)
1 tsp Cinnamon Roll Almond Butter
Dried star anise
Berries of choice
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mix olive oil, molasses and eggs in a bowl and whisk until combined (about 5 mins).
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (wholemeal flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt).
- Pour in 1⁄2 of the dry ingredients from Step 2 and 1⁄2 of the milk into the wet mixture.
- Whisk until well-combined (about 5 mins).
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 min or until a skewer inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
Once cool, frost each cupcake with one teaspoon full of Cinnamon Roll Almond Butter and decorate with dried star anise and berries of choice.
These chocolate cupcakes with cinnamon frosting are perfect for a DIY Christmas gift, a gesture of goodwill while Christmas visiting, or to delight your family and friends!