You only need four simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make these No-Bake Peanut Butter Blondies and the frosting is just as easy.
Difficulty level: 🌕🌕🌕🌑🌑
Serving: 16 bars
- 2 cups (280 g) raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cup (300 g) tightly packed, pitted soft dates
- 1/2 cup (120 g) Nut Butters (Peanut Butter or Almond Butter, it's up to you!)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1 cup (200 g) packed, soft pitted dates
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup (120 g) natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 g) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- a pinch of sea salt
- Make the blondies. Add the almonds to a food processor and mix until broken down into a coarse flour. It’s okay if there are still some larger pieces.
- Add the dates, nut butters, maple syrup and sea salt and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and then firmly press the dough into the pan. Take a few minutes to really press it in, working it into all the corners and smoothing out the surface.
- Place in the freezer while you make the frosting.
- Make the frosting. Place the dates and the hot water in a small dish and let sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, dump the dates and water into a food processor or blender and mix to create a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it forms a thick, smooth frosting.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the blondies then place back in the freezer for 3 hours to set.