Our Pecan Gingerbread Cake will get your house smelling like Christmas, and you're going to want to make these dessert bites a yearly festive tradition. Holidays are extra special with these on the table! Thinking of making these vegan-friendly? Simply replace the egg with any vegan alternative and it's good to go.
Servings: 16 pieces
Calories: 191 kcal (contains egg)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- Amazin’ Graze’s Almond Butter
To make the Gingerbread Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients (oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves and salt) and stir together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your coconut oil, brown sugar, and applesauce and blend together well. Add in your molasses and water, and whisk together. Lastly, whisk your egg in.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir together till all is well incorporated. Let your cake batter rest for a few minutes for the oat flour to soak up some of the wet ingredients, and your batter will thicken a bit.
- Pour your batter into your lined 9x9 pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or till the top is set and springy, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Final touch (also an important one): Apply a thick layer of Amazin’ Graze’s Almond Butter over the Gingerbread Cake. ✨