This simple salad is the perfect addition to your holiday table. It’s festive, tasty and has the perfect balance of flavours to keep you wanting more (and maybe converting you into a salad connoisseur).
Leafy green veggies are nutrient-rich foods and kale is no exception. Kale is low in calories and packed with nutrients! It's high in vitamin A, C and K as well as a good plant-based source of calcium. So let's whip up a tasty salad!
Difficulty Level: 🌕🌕🌑🌑🌑
- Goat Cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
- Amazin’ Graze’s Nutty Protein Trail Mix
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Dijon Mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Fresh or dried herbs (optional)
- Prepare salad dressing: First you’ll want to make the dressing – this is something you can do up to 3 days early to prep for holiday cooking! Just add all of the ingredients (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, maple syrup, dijon mustard, sea salt and fresh herbs if you’re using) into a blender and blend until combined. You can also just add the ingredients to a mason jar, make sure the lid is on tight and shake to combine.
- Prep salad: Next, you’ll want to build your salad. If you haven’t already, rinse and dry your kale, remove the stems and chop the leaves. In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped kale with about 1/2 the dressing and use your hands to massage the dressing into the kale. If needed, add more dressing to massage the kale. Next, add most of the pomegranate seeds and goat cheese to the mixing bowl, toss together and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Add more dressing if desired.
Serve: Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, sprinkle with Amazin’ Graze’s Nutty Protein Trail Mix and reserved pomegranate seeds and goat cheese. Enjoy!