WHAT IS MUESLI?
- Muesli is a combination of nuts, seeds, dried fruits with oats and other whole grain cereals. Can be combined with a variety of ingredients to spice it up and make it your own.
- Invented by Swiss nutritionist and doctor, Maximillian Bircher-Benner around 1900s. He served his concoction for patients in his hospital
Highly popular in Europe and slowly gaining popularity outside.
MUESLI vs GRANOLA
Muesli and granola have many similarities are both considered healthy breakfast options. Their nutritional values are relatively similar.
- Heart healthy fatty acids
Provide healthy beta-glucans that:
- Improve gut health
- Promote weight loss
- Lower blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- Anti-diabetic properties
Origin - Which came first?
Muesli emerged around the 1900s in Switzerland, however Granola first came to the scene in 1863 in Dansville, New York.
Muesli is made with ingredients that are raw (and sometimes toasted), giving it a loose and crumbly texture. Granola is usually baked, and its ingredients are bound together by oil and sweetener, creating crispy and crunchy clusters.
How to Enjoy
Traditionally muesli is soaked overnight in juice or milk and served cold. Granola can be served as a topping with milk or yoghurt, or on its own as a snack
Both muesli and granola are made using rolled oats, or other ancient grains. Both can be mixed with nuts, seeds and an array of dried fruits.
Muesli gets is natural sweetness from dried fruits and berries, while granola contains sweeteners.
WHICH IS BETTER?
Depends entirely on what you prefer!
Can't decide? Try them all - seeing as the biggest difference between the two is the texture and how they’re made. So it’s a purely personal preference!
Choose Muesli if you prefer:
- Soft, loose and crumbly texture
- More raw / lightly toasted taste
- Less sweetness
- Healthy, wholesome and filling meal or snack
Choose Granola if you prefer:
- Crispy and crunchy texture
- Baked and cooked taste
- Sweeter flavour
- Guilt-free, energising and convenient meal or snack
TRY OUR NEW MUESLI RANGE
Two Tropical flavours:
Banana Pecans with Gut-loving Prebiotics
Coconut Mango with Lion’s Mane
- Reduces cholesterol
- Bone & Eye Health
- Source of Iron
- Eases Digestion