Pick up an Amazin’ Nuts Variety Box and get creative with this series of recipes featuring fun-size packs of our Amazin’ treats! Up next is a recipe for a Chocolate Matcha Mug Cake featuring our Matcha Green Tea Granola! A match(a) made in heaven (pun intended) – and it’s super easy to make!
Running short on time but still looking for a quick breakfast or snack that nourishes you and satisfies cravings? This is the perfect recipe for you! All you have to do is measure, stir, and microwave – and it’s ready to go! Combining the rich bittersweet flavours of matcha and dark chocolate, and the contrasting textures of soft cake and crunchy granola – it may sound like an unlikely pairing, but it works!
Chocolate Matcha Mug Cake
Recipe by Chef Amanda Huang
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 6 tbsp milk (dairy/non-dairy)
- 1 heaping tbsp of dark chocolate chips
- 40 g Matcha Green Tea Granola
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Whisk in the maple syrup, oil, and milk until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a standard-sized microwave-safe mug (330 ml capacity).
- Drop in dark chocolate chips (you don’t need to push them into the batter).
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
- Microwave mug cake for 60 seconds on ‘High’.
- Carefully remove from microwave and top with Matcha Green Tea Granola and any fresh fruits if desired. Enjoy!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this series of recipes featuring snack packs from our Amazin’ Nuts Variety Boxes! Be sure to subscribe at the bottom of this page to stay up to date with our latest recipes, health information, and updates on your favourite Amazin’ treats!